Thursday, October 15, 2009

Overheard

HIM: "I bought too much lunch meat this time. We need to make sure that we don't buy so much next time because it could spoil."

... Approximately 10 minutes later...
HER: (angrily) "Is that anyway to treat your wife who is sick, who feels like she is about to die?! Yelling at her?! Criticizing everything that she does?! 'Don't ever do that again!' you said. You yelled at me!"

HIM: (softly) "Did I yell at you?"

ME: (confused) "Do you even know what she's talking about? Because I have no idea what she's talking about." (vague feeling that this is not about to make sense)

HIM: "Well, I think she's talking about the meat."

ME: (huh?)

HER: " 'Don't ever do that again' he yelled at me."

ME: "No he didn't. That's not even what he said."

HER: "He has no idea what it feels like to have a headache and abdominal pain. You people always have to criticize me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment